Petzl Oxan Screw-Lock Carabiner (2017)
OXAN is a high-strength steel carabiner designed for use in difficult environments. The oval, symmetrical shape allows optimal loading of the carabiner when setting up anchors or connecting to metal structures. It is available in two locking systems: automatic TRIACT-LOCK system or manual SCREW-LOCK system. OXAN TRIACT-LOCK is available in European or international versions. OXAN can be connected to the CAPTIV bar to favor positioning of the carabiner along the major axis, to limit the risk of it flipping and to keep it integrated with the device.
High-strength steel carabiner for use in harsh environments, particularly suitable for setting up anchors or for connecting to metal structures
Oval symmetrical shape allows optimal positioning of the carabiner
May be used with a CAPTIV positioning bar to favor loading of the carabiner along the major axis, to keep it integrated with the device, and to limit the risk of it flipping
– fluid interior design limits the risk of having a catch point and facilitates rotation of the carabiner
– Keylock system to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
– ensures an optimal strength/weight ratio
– protects markings from abrasion
Two locking systems available:
– TRIACT-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening
– SCREW-LOCK: the manual screw-lock with red band provides a visual warning when the carabiner is unlocked
Major axis strength: 38 kN
Minor axis strength: 16 kN
Open gate strength: 15 kN
Weight: 185 g
CT Otto Big 35kN grey
Classic eight-way descender, ideal for dynamically securing the first rope and for rappelling.
Petzl Rescue Pulley
This ultra strong, efficient pulley is great for rescue missions, heavy hauling and intensive use. Note that it’s too heavy for mountaineers to carry for emergency use.
Petzl Pantin Foot Ascender Right (2016)
The Petzl PANTIN foot ascender is used with the CROLL or ASCENSION rope clamps to make rope ascents faster and less tiring