Petzl Grigri + (2017) purple
Extremely durable, for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate.
Anti-panic handle: if the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function brakes and stops the descent automatically.
A patented switch which allows the user to change the Grigri set up to alternate between lead climbing and top roping (a knob on the reverse of the device loosens / tightens a spring to make it easier / harden to pay out rope).
Belay device with assisted braking and anti-panic handle, for all single rope diameters
GRIGRI + is an assisted braking device designed for all climbers and for intensive use. It can be used with all single ropes (optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameter ropes). The reduction handle offers exceptional descent control. Particularly suitable for learning, the GRIGRI + has an anti-panic handle and a special mode for comfortable top-rope belay.
Belay device with assisted braking for indoors and outdoors, designed for all climbers:
– hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
– can be used with all single ropes, and optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters
– diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
– great durability, for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate
Exceptional comfort during the descent, thanks to the very controlled progression of the rope feed
Specially suitable for learning:
– anti-panic handle: if the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function brakes and stops the descent
– special mode facilitates taking slack and provides a comfortable top-rope belay
Weight: 200 g
Rope compatibility: single ropes (optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters)
Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel friction plate and wear plate, reinforced nylon handle
Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA